“TELL US WHEN YOU WANNA WIN” CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS:
REBEL 101.7 “TELL US WHEN YOU WANNA WIN” CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN PROVINCES OF ONTARIO AND QUEBEC ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO OR QUEBEC OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the provinces of Ontario or Quebec; and
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry.
Employees of TORRES MEDIA BROADCASTING, operating REBEL 101.7 – CIDG-FM (the “Station”) and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (together with the Station, “Torres Media Broadcasting”), Sunwing Vacations, Sunwing.ca, RIU Hotels & Resorts, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sunwing Vacations” and together with Torres Media Broadcasting, the “Sponsors”), advertising and promotional agencies, and/or the household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 6:00a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 5, 2017 and ends at 9:00 a.m. ET on October 30, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) Go to www.rebel1017.com, fill out the “Tell Us When You Wanna Win” form, listed under contests and press submit. You will receive a confirmation once entry as been processed upon submitting form. Listen to the Station Monday to Friday, between Midnite and 11:59pm, during the Contest Period for your name to be called, if your name is called, you have ten minutes and seventeen seconds to call 613-730-1144 and in certain cases, you will be told to email us at email@example.com, to qualify for a chance to win an all-inclusive Sunwing.ca trip for two (2) to RIU Bachata, Dominican Republic or RIU Merengue, Dominican Republic. If your name is called and you do not call within ten minutes and seventeen seconds you will not qualify for the Sunwing.ca all-inclusive trip for two (2) but your entry will still be eligible to by chosen again.
(b) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
(c) Streaming listeners may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on the device on which you are listening and the speed of the internet connection. Sponsors recommend turning on a radio to the Station for the Cue to Call. Sponsors assume no liability for entrants not making timely phone calls to the Station due to delays in the streamed signal.
(d) If the telephone connection between the Station announcer and an entrant is not clear, such that the announcer and/or entrant cannot hear each other or the entrant is disconnected, that entrant may, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified and the Releasees (defined below) will not be liable in any way.
- PRIZES AND PRIZE VALUES.
(a) The total number of Prizes to be awarded during the Contest Period are three (3) all-inclusive vacations for two (2) to Riu Bachata and three (3) all-inclusive vacations for two (2) to Riu Merengue in Dominican Republic onboard Sunwing Airlines, the approximate value for one all-inclusive vacation for two (2), is $5,000.00 (plus taxes).
(b) Only six (6) all-inclusive vacations for (2) will be awarded per Contestant during the Contest Period. Once a vacation is awarded, Contestants will no longer be eligible to enter the Contest for a vacation, in any of the remaining Contest Period.
(c) Sunwing Vacations prize includes:
- Roundtrip airfare, based on economy class, for two (2) persons consisting of two (2) adults (one of whom must be the winner) from Ottawa to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic onboard Sunwing Airlines
- 7 (seven) nights standard accommodations at the Riu property in a room based on double occupancy
- All Inclusive meal plan while at the Riu property
- Land transfers between the airport and hotel in destination
- All hotel taxes and processing fees
(d) Not included in the Sunwing Vacations prize:
- Ground transportation not specifically mentioned above (including transportation to and from you and your guest(s)’ homes)
- Airport improvement fees
- Insurance (including, but not limited to, travel insurance, medical insurance and trip cancelation insurance)
- Connecting flights (including to the departure gateway city)
- Taxes (including, but not limited to, departure taxes, air seat/airline taxes and applicable federal, provincial, municipal, state and/or local taxes)
- Sightseeing tours and other in-destination activities
- Travel related fees/surcharges
- Excess baggage fees
- Costs associated with obtaining travel documents (including, but not limited to passports and visas)
- Costs associated with obtaining necessary vaccinations
- Items of personal nature
- Additional meals
- Room upgrade
- Tips & gratuities
- In-room movies
(e) Prizes will be distributed within four (4) weeks after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS.
(a) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Sponsors shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(b) The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
(c) Sunwing Vacations Limitations:
- You accept the prize “as is” otherwise it will be forfeited
- Travel is valid from November 1, 2017 until March 10, 2018 (the “Travel Period” )
- Travel is subject to availability and must be requested a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the requested departure date
- Blackout periods apply, including without limitation: Nov 23-26, Dec 17-Jan 03 and Feb 14-28, subject to availability
- If you are unable to travel during the Travel Period, you will be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sunwing’s sole discretion
- Once reservation is made, they cannot be changed
- All reservations are subject to the terms and conditions set out in Sunwing’s brochure or located on Sunwing’s website located at www.sunwing.ca
- You and your travel guest(s) must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents upon selection, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation will result in forfeiture of the prize
- Any lost or stolen, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced
- All airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppage, and schedule or route changes
- Sunwing reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sunwing
- If the prize, or any portion thereof, is unused, it cannot be carried forward and will be forfeit
- Elements of the prize (including, without limitation, airfare and lodging) may not be used towards frequent flyer miles or other loyalty programs
- You and your guest must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while in destination
- The prize, and any portion thereof, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Sunwing in its sole discretion
- Sunwing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the prize or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason.
- WINNER SELECTION.
(a) A random draw from all qualifying entries for each of the Sunwing Vacation all-inclusive trips for two (2), will be announced during REBEL MORNINGS WITH KORNICKY on the following dates: September 11th; September 20th; September 29th; October 9th; October 20th; and October 31st, 2017
(b) Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Sunwing Vacations Prize. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrants shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(c) The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the total number of people who fill out the “Tell Us When You Wanna Win” entry form,
(d) Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(e) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
- RELEASE. Winners will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winners’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
- CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available at the Station’s studios, located at 739-B Ridgewood Avenue, Ottawa Ontario throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Torres Media property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, age range, telephone number and e-mail address (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
(b) Torres Media will use the entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with Torres Media Private Policy,.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, Field Code Changed govern and control.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Torres Media and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Torres Media.
Rebel 101.7 General Contest rules:
1.Dates/Terms/Eligibility. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM),(the “Station”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal Canadian residents, 18 years of age and older, residing in Ontario or Quebec. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Torres Media Broadcasting radio stations or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate.
2. Prizes. Only one winner or qualifier per household on REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM), for prizes valued under $600 dollars. After winning a prize valued over $1000, winner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize over $600. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
3. Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
4. Conditions/Restrictions. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM). Listeners can call the REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) contest line 613.703.1144. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM).
5. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
SPECIFICALLY, BUT NOT TO LIMIT THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE STATION DOES NOT ENCOURAGE, CONDONE, OR SUPPORT, AND FURTHERMORE DISCOURAGES, ANY INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS FROM ENGAGING IN ANY ACTIVITY THAT COULD POTENTIALLY BRING HARM OF ANY KIND TO, OR OTHERWISE NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE HEALTH AND SAFETY, OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR THE GENERAL PUBLIC, OR ANY ACTIVITY THAT INVOLVES DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION OF ANY KIND TO PRIVATE OR PUBLIC PROPERTY.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station’s website, in person at the Station’s studios (739-B Ridgewood Avenue, Suite 202, Ottawa, ON K1V 6M8) during regular business hours (Mon-Fri. 9:00am – 4:00pm) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
1. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address.
2. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM), users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
3. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM), in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
1. Employees of Torres Media Broadcasting Corp., REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM), its associated agencies, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
2. Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
3. Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM). Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, on any of the Torres Media Broadcasting radio stations.
4. You may only win once in 30 days with each Torres Media Broadcasting radio station.
5. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
6. Any additional costs related to the prize or incurred as a result of accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted.
8. Prize has no cash value.
9. In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
10. Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled out by a third person, a new ballot will be drawn.
11. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines.
12. REBEL 101.7 (CIDG-FM) reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time. The decisions of Torres Media Broadcasting are final.
13. By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion.
WHEN IS Rebel 101.7 OPEN?
Monday through Friday – 9:00am to 4:00pm. Call before coming to pick up prize to ensure someone is here to greet you. 613-801-1017
WHERE IS Rebel 101.7?
739-B Ridgewood Avenue, Suite 202
Ottawa, Ontario K1V 6M8
CLICK HERE FOR OUR LOCATION
CAN I GET THERE BY BUS?
Yep. Hop on the #166 (get off at the stop directly across from the building).
WHAT DO I NEED TO PICK UP MY PRIZE?
You’ll need a driver’s license, birth certificate, or another official government issued photo I.D. In some specific cases, (i.e. trip winners) parents or legal guardians will be required in-person to sign a waiver form on the winner’s behalf.
CAN SOMEONE ELSE PICK UP MY PRIZE?
YES — However, if you want someone else to pick up your prize, they must come with a signed letter from you and a photocopy of your official I.D. (driver’s license, birth certificate or another official government issued I.D. that has your signature). Be sure to photocopy the side with your signature. The letter must also name who will be picking up your prize and include their home telephone number.. Please note the prize that you won and the date of winning.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO PICK UP MY PRIZE?
30 days – Unless your prize is something like movie passes which may expire sooner.